Mercedes isn’t regarded as the best luxury car on the market for nothing. It’s the features that it comes with that puts it above most of its competition. One of those features is its premium leather seats. But what is the best way to clean Mercedes leather seats?
The best way to clean Mercedes-Benz leather seats is by using a soft-bristled brush to remove dirt, apply the “two-bucket” cleaning system, dry the seats, and finish the job by using leather protection cream. If you follow this method to clean your Mercedes leather seats, they will last for over a long period.
Here is a full procedure of the best way to clean Mercedes-Benz leather seats
• Start by getting rid of excess dirt and debris that may be hiding in your seats by using either a soft-bristled brush or a vacuum system.
• Next, apply the “two-bucket” cleaning system to wash the seats. Begin by immersing a soft cloth into a bucket of warm, soapy water, then wring out, and gently clean the leather seats. Afterward, immerse a separate soft cloth into a bucket of warm, plain water, then wring out and rub any soap residue that may be remaining on the leather.
• Using another dry cloth, go over the leather and get rid of any excess moisture to complete the cleaning procedure.
• Complete the job by applying a leather protection cream. This cream is vital as it will protect the pigment and keep your leather looking new. If you want the best results, always consider using Mercedes-Benz Car Care Products. For instance, you can use Mercedes-Benz Leather Care. This is a quality product that reestablishes the original suppleness and beauty of the leather, while at the same time nourishing and protecting from dangerous UV rays.
• Since UV rays can cause discoloration of the leather seats, make sure to use seat covers or a windshield sunshade. This will also prolong the lifespan of your Mercedes leather seats.
How do I keep my Mercedes leather seats in great condition?
Apart from cleaning your leather seats in the right way, you can also prolong their lifespan by maintaining your seats and developing good habits. Some of the things that you need to do to keep your leather seats in tip-top condition include:
• Never utilizing hard-bristled cleaning brushes or tools that can scratch your leather seats
• Secondly, don’t eat or drink in your car, as spills can permanently stain your leather, leading to ugly sights in your car’s interior.
• Avoid getting sharp objects into your Benz, such as car seats and pens. These can easily rip through your leather seats.
• For a quick and smooth cleaning procedure, you should vacuum the crevices of your seats to get rid of any dirt, dust, or debris.
• During cleaning, always use a soft-bristled brush to avoid ripping your seats. Additionally, utilize a pH-neutral cleaning solution for the best outcomes.
• After cleaning the leather seats, always condition them to protect them from stains. As a result, your leather seats won’t degrade and dirt won’t stick on properly conditioned leather seats.
• To avoid quick deterioration of your car’s leather seats, avoid parking in the sun altogether. The sun or UV rays damage and fade the leather much faster than anything else. Always park your car under a tree or in a garage if possible.
What products should I avoid when cleaning Mercedes leather seats?
After looking at the procedure and the products to use for proper cleaning of your Mercedes leather seats, it’s also crucial to know which products to stay away from. These products will not only spoil your leather seats, but they may also force you to acquire new seats. They include:
• Dark cloths
• Sharp objects that can prick or even damage the leather
• Furniture polish
• Household cleaner
Never use any of the above products when cleaning leather seats.
How do I clean Mercedes Artico man-made leather seats?
Unlike traditional leather, Artico leather is somewhat tough and resilient to stains. Therefore, it shouldn’t be cleaned often. However, the procedure for cleaning Artico leather is still the same as traditional leather. Here are the steps to follow:
• Use a microfiber cloth and a small amount of water to get rid of light dirt and spills.
• But if the stain is tough, use an approved Mercedes-Benz car upholstery cleaner to remove the stain.
• Next, use a dry clean cloth after getting rid of the grime.
• Finally, allow the cleaned leather to dry by leaving the windows wide open
• You can now condition and protect the leather
Why is it important to use a natural and non-toxic leather cleaner?
This is because the leather is porous. Therefore, it tends to absorb any sort of cleaner that you use. As a result, using a toxic cleaner is not only dangerous to the car seats but as well as the people who use the car. Always use Mercedes recommended leather cleaners for the best results on your Benz’s leather.
Can I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean my Mercedes leather seats?
Yes, you can. However, this cleaner should be reserved for extremely dirty leather seats. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is safe and very effective in cleaning dirty leather. However, the procedure is the slightest cumbersome compared to the traditional leather cleaning procedure.
The best and easiest way to clean Mercedes leather seats is by using a soft-bristled brush to get rid of dirt & debris, apply the “two-bucket” cleaning system to wash the seats, use a dry cloth to clean excess moisture, and apply leather protection cream. If you follow this simple procedure, your Benz’s seats will always be in pristine condition.
However, you also need to maintain your leather seats so that they can remain in a brilliant state for a long period. Vacuum dirt in crevices, avoid drinking or eating in the car, park the car in a shaded area, condition the seats, and avoid getting sharp objects in the car.