Most people dream about driving a high-priced luxury car at some point in their lives, and why not? After all, you’re just daydreaming anyway, so why not make your daydream more exciting? What a lot of people don’t realize is that if you ever want to lease one of these luxury vehicles, even for a day, there are rental companies that have made this easy to do. Just like renting a Toyota or a Honda for the day, you can also rent an Aston Martin or even a Ferrari if you like, but it’s best to be prepared for the costs of doing so before you head out to the rental place.
What Are Super Cars?
Super cars are high-end luxury vehicles that cost a lot of money to purchase, but many of them actually have fairly reasonable prices when it comes to renting them on a day-to-day basis. Some of the many luxury vehicles that many places rent include:
- Aston Martin
There are others, of course, but you get the picture. The higher the purchase price of the vehicle, the higher the per-day rental cost will be, but again, that doesn’t mean the prices are going to be prohibitive. Keep in mind that rental cars are always used cars, and even though the facilities keep them clean and well-maintained, the truth is that they are still pre-owned vehicles, so it isn’t practical for them to charge too much to lease the vehicles to anyone.
The Advantages of Leasing a Vehicle
When you lease a vehicle for a short time, it actually provides you with a lot of advantages, including:
- It’s a good way to test out a particular make or model when you’re considering buying one.
- It gives you a nice vehicle to drive when yours is in the shop.
- It gives you a way to take a vacation when you don’t want to put the mileage or wear and tear on your own car.
- It allows you to drive something newer and more fun for a while.
If you have an older car and you can’t afford to buy a new one at the moment, leasing a car for a day or even a week can give you a little break from the car you’re driving and allow you to drive something newer and better, not to mention a lot more fun. You might even want to lease an expensive car for a special occasion such as a wedding or even a school reunion – think of all of the envious people you’ll find when you show up there!
The fact is, there are a lot of reasons you might want to lease a car for a little while, and if a luxury vehicle is what you’re looking for, you can certainly find a facility that can help you. That being said, not every city will have an Enterprise or Avis that leases luxury vehicles. Those facilities are usually found only in the bigger cities in the country, including Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, and San Francisco, to name a few.
Nevertheless, once you’ve decided you want to lease a luxury vehicle, whether it’s for a day or a week, it’s a good idea to become at least a little familiar with the prices these facilities will charge to let you do that. This way, you’ll at least be a little more prepared for the prices you’ll have to pay for the rental.
How Much Do Luxury Vehicles Rent for?
Most car rental companies will give you a lower per-day rate if you decide to rent for a week or more. While prices can vary from city to city across the country, below are average prices for a few of the luxury vehicles for rent in various places. These prices are in US dollars and represent the per-day rate for each of these vehicles:
- Aston Martin DB11: $991
- Aston Martin DB9: $594
- Audi R8 V10 Spyder: $594
- Bentley Bentayga: $594
- Corvette Stingray: $399
- Ferrari 488 GTB Spider: $1380
- Ferrari 488 GTB: $1380
- Ferrari F12 Berlinetta: $1585
- Ferrari Portofino: $791
- Lamborghini Aventador: $2973
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder: $1380
- McLaren 650S: $1495
- Mercedes G63 AMG: $499
- Range Rover HSE: $595
As you can see, they range in price from $399 to $2973. In your area, the prices could be higher or lower, since these prices are just averages. Also, remember that if you lease the car for a week or more, the per-day rate is very likely to go down. You should also pay attention to the age of the vehicle and the specific model because these things and more will affect the rental prices of these vehicles.
How to Choose a Luxury Rental Car
When you decide to rent a luxury vehicle, it’s best to do your homework so you’re not shocked by the price of the car or the terms of the rental. Before you get started, do your due diligence and consider the following factors:
- The price of the vehicle. As mentioned previously, car rentals vary depending on the type of car you rent and the city where you live. If you do a little research ahead of time, you’ll be more prepared for the results you find.
- The model of the available cars. If you’re intent on driving a Ferrari but the prices are a bit steep for you, not to worry because you can likely lease another model that won’t cost as much. Look around to find a less expensive model.
- Consider purchasing insurance. Check with your insurance company before you rent a luxury vehicle to see if it covers any accident you might have. You should also consider taking the additional insurance that the rental car company usually offers, just to be on the safe side.
Renting a luxury car, regardless of the reason or occasion, can be a lot of fun, and as you can see, many of these vehicles aren’t all that expensive to rent, making it a viable option for many people.