What is your dream car?
Ford Raptor, if you can count that huge truck as a car. Otherwise, I’d go for a Dodge Challenger SRT8. I prefer feeling safe on the road, and I love having something large enough to fit a motorcycle in the back.
What’s your best advice for someone who wants to buy a new car?
Feel it. Don’t purchase the first car you hop in for a test drive. If you don’t feel like this is your car, don’t rush to get it.
Why do you love writing about cars?
I love the sound of most gasoline engines. I love the smell too.
What do you do when you don’t write about cars?
I ride a motorcycle, I love skiing and working out. I go hiking out in the wild, and I love spending time in nature, away from the city noise.
Recent posts from Dan
- Which BMW has a V8 engine?Most swift BMW vehicles are equipped with powerful inline-six, also known as straight-six engines. Apart from these, BMW commonly uses inline-four and even V8 engines in some of its models.
- Which BMW has a V6 engine?Most BMW car models are equipped with the famous and very reliable inline-six engine, which is different from the V6. It is a more refined version with a very similar
- Which BMW has a V12 engine?BMW is a brand known for the speed, comfort, and luxury it allows its drivers to travel with. And although many car brands offer some amount of luxury, not all
- Is BMW reliable after 100k?BMW is widely recognized as a luxurious car brand that also delivers great driving performance. But are BMWs reliable after being driven for more than 100,000 miles? It depends. Some
- What leather does BMW use? Is it real?BMW uses Nappa leather as the standard for most luxurious BMW models, Sensatec for the low-end BMWs and Merino as an option for the high-end models. This means, most likely,
- Why BMW steering wheel is stiffBMW steering wheels tend to be much stiffer than other cars. BMW’s intended steering wheel aims to increase the accuracy of driving. With a light steering wheel, it is much
- Do BMWs have turn signalsAlthough you might have heard that BMW drivers don’t use blinkers when they turn, contrary to popular belief, BMW cars do have standard blinkers installed. Turn signals are required by
- Should you lease or buy a BMW?Depending on the use of your newly purchased BMW leasing or buying it might be better in different scenarios. The most important factor that determines that is the period you
- Which german car is the most reliableGerman cars have a name for performance, but sometimes lack a good reputation in terms of reliability and maintenance costs. Audi, BMW, VW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz are only a few of
- Is Lexus cheaper to maintain than BMWTalking about reliability, Lexus is estimated to be one third or 33 per cent more reliable than your average BMW. Although the 2 cheapest luxury cars to maintain are BMWs,
- Should I buy a 10-year-old BMW?BMW is a luxury brand, known throughout the globe for performance and driving pleasure. But there must be a valid reason for the much lower second-hand prices of these vehicles?
- Is BMW 2.0 turbo engine reliable?The 2.0 turbo BMW N20 4 cylinder engine was produced in 2011 as a replacement for the 3.0L 6 cylinder N53. Since then, in the period of production of 2011
- How to mix BMW coolantThe main issue when mixing your BMW’s coolant is the fact that you can hardly ever get all of the coolants out of the engine. For that reason, always strive
- Is insurance higher on a BMW?Getting insurance for your BMW is certainly above average. Car insurance is estimated to be around $2,200 or around 180$ per month in the United States for a middle-range BMW
- Does BMW make an all-wheel-drive car?BMW is mostly known for the rear-wheel-drive that many people love and specifically choose BMW vehicles for. Yet, BMW produces many all-wheel-drive SUVs and automobiles. If you’ve ever seen the
- When did the BMW 3 Series body style change?The BMW 3 Series received a complete redesign in 2019. The major change was the platform that the 3 Series uses as well as implementing a wider range of engine
- The most powerful BMW engineThe BMW M8 carries the most powerful BMW engine that BMW has ever made: The S63 gasoline twin-turbo. The M8 Competition is powered by a direct-injected 4.4 L V8 twin-turbo
- What is the luxury version of BMW?Everyone knows that BMW is a luxury brand. They are known for their sleek, yet powerful vehicles. What many people don’t know is that BMW also owns Rolls-Royce and Mini.
- Can you run your BMW on LPG?BMW cars deliver great driving pleasure, but are sometimes a big expense in terms of fuel. There is the possibility to convert your BMW to run on LPG (Liquefied petroleum
- Porsche vs. BMW: ReliabilityBoth Porsche and BMW have long been a part of the best luxury car brand club. Luxury and comfort-wise they are fairly comparable in the segment. They tick similar boxes
- Why do BMW drivers have a bad reputation?Generally speaking, BMW drivers have a bad reputation mainly due to many drivers being young and inexperienced, and doing things like driving aggressively and not using their signal lights. Most
- Is a BMW hybrid worth it?Most electric vehicles shout loudly about their green credentials, overshadowing the car’s other features and comfort level. BMW hybrids don’t fall into that category. They are energy-efficient, while still providing
- How does a BMW plug-in hybrid work?A BMW PHEV or Plug-in hybrid is a vehicle equipped with a combination of a standard internal combustion engine running, and an electric motor that’s powered by lithium-ion batteries. The
- Is BMW a supercar?Although BMW produces many sports cars and fast automobiles, it is nowhere near a supercar company. The closest to a mass production supercar that BMW has produced is the BMW
- The best place to buy a used BMWBMW is one of the most valuable brands to purchase second-hand due its high rate of depreciation. You can get a very well-preserved vehicle that you’ll enjoy driving, for a
- Is a BMW SUV a good car?BMW originally took over the market with agile cars and stylish luxury coupes, but nowadays the trend is shifting toward SUVs. BMW makes good SUVs, including the X3, X5 and
- Do BMWs have a lot of problems?Newer BMWs tend to break down more than older models due to new innovative technologies and electronics that are added each year. Older BMWs, ranging from 1995 to 2006 are
- BMW vs. Infiniti reliability – which is better?Despite the common misconception of Japanese cars being more reliable than German ones, most Infiniti models like the Q70, Q50, and QX60 score only 2.5 out of 5 in the
- BMW 328i vs. 320i – which is better?The BMW 320i with a 2.0 L engine generates 180 horsepower and is around 20 percent less expensive than the BMW 328i, which is equipped with a 2.0 L engine
- Which BMW engine is best?Over the years, BMW has developed plenty of four-cylinder engines and has made a difference in the market. However, they are best known for their inline six-cylinder engines which made
- The best coolant for BMWsThere are many types of car engine coolants that come in different colors and are made from different substances. They vary, depending on what materials your car’s engine is made
- Which is better, BMW sDrive or xDrive?The difference between a BMW xDrive and sDrive is that the xDrive distributes power on all four wheels of the vehicle at once or in separate, whereas the sDrive means
- Top 10 BMW sports carsOver the years, BMW has made a name for itself as a car brand that provides the client with driving satisfaction and sheer pleasure before anything else. Yes, BMW has
- Best twin-turbo BMW modelsBMW has made a large series of twin-turbo models. The first mass-produced BMW gasoline turbocharged engine was the N54 in 2006. Ever since, twin-turbo engines have gathered a fanbase and
- What is the biggest BMW SUV?The biggest SUV that BMW manufactures is X7. The newer X7s cost at least $100,000 and come in sporty engine options like the 4.4-liter V8, which makes it feel like